I have had a delicious account for awhile. I have to admit I don't use it much. I think if I were doing research and needed to mark specific sites I would probably make use of it a lot more. When I blog on my personal blog and the RA blog I usually label my postings. It just makes it easier to find specific topics when you're trying to remember something, and I think it looks cool- like I'm a really awsome blogger. I also like to be goofy with them on my personal blog. I don't know why, but I think certain lables are funny, like "pink cow."
We could use social bookmarking in the library to point out useful sites to patrons or to each other. In Adult Services we could definitely use them to inform each other of good sites we have found. However, as with most of the things we have looked at on 23 Things, it can get a bit overwhelming. I found the Manasha site overwhelming and I always feel the same way when dealing with tag clouds, so I avoid them. If I spent some more time using them I would probably get more comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment