So this whole Library 2.0 idea- hmmm. What do I think? Well, I think people want it to be a literal process- do A,B,C to achieve Library 2.0. But we have to be more openminded. There are lots of ways to incorporate the ideas behind Library 2.0 to enhance and expand the services we provide to our community, as well as allow us to connect with a larger audience. Watching my daughter and her friends, I have seen an entire generation that goes directly to the computer first to get the information they want. If we aren't providing it, they will find someone else who does!
One of the ideas I love about Library 2.0 is increased communication with our users on a constant basis. Right now we periodically survey our users about particular services or issues. But I think it would be great to offer them a forum for constant feedback about MCPL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is that Elizabeth Shue?
Why yes, it is. She is my daughter's biological mother!
Post a Comment